Friday, September 25, 2009

Baby, Remember My Name

FAME!

I've been talking about this movie since December, and I finally got to watch it in theatres.

*THIS IS IT trailer looks amazing on the big screen!*

The auditions were really cool.

Got to see "Asher Book" during the opening titles. I'm so proud of him! He was really good. Marco, the charmer. He has a smile on 97% of the time. I'm already biased, but I think I like fell in love with him. I hope other girls do the same.
[and then they can find out more about him. and then they'll learn about v factory!],
He had a fight with his girlfriend. When he said, "What did you think was gonna happen?!," he said it in a way that reminded me of this clip:



"See, I knew we were having too much fun!"

Paul Iacono's character was really funny. Dang it! I was standing next to him before he left the Grove. I should have asked for a picture.

Kerington was really good. I wish I had paid more attention to season 3 of SYTYCD.
When she was dancing to "Black and Gold," she jumped into this guy's arms. My exact thoughts were: who is this? whoa, okay. hello cute dancer that i will now proceed to stare at for the rest of the number. But he looked familiar to me. I realized he was a dancer for Hannah Montana on the Best of Both Worlds concert.
I did the same thing at her concert! I stared at him while Miley sang. The guy in red. In the concert movie, he's the one that dropped her. ♥
Yeah, I have a thing for dancers sometimes. You know, the cute awesome ones.

Other highlights: Anna Maria Perez de Tagle [her name is so long!], Megan Mullally singing, Kay's Success speech, "Try," and "This Is My Life."
I was right when I said "This Is My Life" would be the most exciting part of the movie. It was the only "musical" part. They don't randomly start singing elsewhere. All of the other songs on the soundtrack are either background music or performed by the characters in the movie.
I like the soundtrack more now that I've seen the movie.

Overall, the movie was cute. I do like all of the characters. However, the cast is large, and it takes place throughout all 4 years of high school. There's a lot going on, and I feel that a lot was cut out of the final product. For instance, Rosie had a curtain call and her own TV spots, but she wasn't showcased in the movie. There were a couple of other quotes that didn't appear on screen.
This is probably why I was left feeling that the characters didn't really quite develop. It's the same feeling I had with Camp Rock. If there's a novel for the movie, I would definitely read it to get more of the characters. Shoot, maybe I should start writing it! But I understand that it was in the interest of time [1hr 47mins].
Also, it didn't go as deep or extreme as it could have. All of the conflicts were kind of naive. Where's the "I'd do anything" factor? Oh, it's rated PG. Nevermind.

But go watch it. You'll have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment