Monday, September 14, 2009

SANS Leyton

I've been an avid fan of One Tree Hill since its second season. The first season didn't strike my interest as much because I wasn't into the basketball drama. Plus, I was way more into the OC.

Once I caught on to OTH, I fell in love with the characters and their story lines. It may only be my imagination, but I felt like the show was in synch with my life. Random things like root beer floats and listening to the Spice Girls appeared on the show as they crossed my mind or occured in my life. The cast even graduated high school the same year I did (class of `o7 baby!).

Then, they fast fowarded 4 years. I absolutely adored Haley and Nathan's son. He had the best name ever! The adjustment took a little time, but the show retained the characters and spark that I loved.

I was sad to hear that Chad and Hilary would not be returning for season 7. I loved them, I mean, I cried during their wedding. They were the core of the show, but you have to admit, their story line was often boring. Once they got together, you just wanted them to be happy, you know? But happy eliminates the conflict, which eliminates the point to tell a story. They will be missed, but their story was over.

That's why last season's finale felt like a series finale. It left everyone on a positive note.
Yes, I wished for their happiness, but I still thirst for the show. So I'm glad it lives on.

Did the season premiere live up to my OTH standard? Yes it did.
-Skillz is so funny. I wonder how long he'll remain on the show with all of his legal troubles in real life.
-Robert Buckley, who plays Nathan's agent, Clay, is hot.
-Brooke + Julian = <3
-I AM SO OVER DAN SCOTT.

No comments:

Post a Comment