Thursday, October 1, 2009

Selena & the Scene

Wizards of Waverly Place debuted on the Disney Channel on my birthday a few years ago. I secretly boycotted the show because Selena Gomez also played Mikala, Hannah Montana's competition.. and I was team Hannah? That sounds so stupid now.

I watch the show now and then. David Henrie is so cute. I didn't know the show beacme was a huge phenomenon. The movie obtained 11 million viewers, the highest DCOM debut after High School Musical 2. I enjoyed it because I could relate to the sibling rivalry. When David Henrie said "I don't know who you are, but I believe you," my heart totally melted.

In addition to having the highest viewed program on Disney Channel, Wizards also beat Hannah Montana and iCarly for the Best Children's Program Emmy.
WOW.

And now, Selena has a band, and they released an album. My review: it's okay.
I think she's stronger in acting. Her voice isn't that strong. The songs aren't going to be in my top 25 most played anytime soon. Maybe the sound will grow on me. Her tween audience probably will enjoy it.
I do like "Crush," "Naturally," and "I Promise You."

I thought her acoustic performance of "Falling Down" was good.

Better than I expected.

The Dancing With The Stars performance, I didn't enjoy as much. It seemed stiff, which is reasonable, it was her debut. The vocals need to improve. I shall leave it at that.

She's got potential. Look at your best friend, Selena. I'm not saying copy her style, but take note of her comfort and presence on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment