Tuesday, August 10, 2010

CR2 Soundtrack


I bought the Camp Rock 2 Soundtrack today.

"Brand New Day" is the first track. The first line is "Last year's old news." I think that is very appropriate because a LOT seems to be different this time around. They're not regular campers, they're counselors.

This soundtrack is much more tuned for a musical than the last. Camp Rock songs were regular songs that just happen to fit into the scene. Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam songs actually tell a story.

"Rock Hard or Go Home" is a random way to end the tracklisting. It's not sung by any of kids, so I don't care to try to like it.

The Camp Star songs are more hip-hop-y. No reprise of the "Too Cool" shoulder thing by Tess/Megan =/ I like the chorus of "Tear it Down."

I love "Introducing Me"! It's so much fun when it gets fast =] I hope he sings this on tour. Question: how do you use "dude" as an adjective or an adverb?

"Wouldn't Change A Thing" > "I Gotta Go My Own Way" from High School Musical 2. I'm sure this scene will be amazing. I'd love to see it on tour, but if it's too awkward for Joe and Demi, I understand.

JB--I mean Connect 3 teaches campers how to rock out in "Heart and Soul." I guess there won't be any more hip-hop dance teaching from Shane? There's a lyric about fist pumping... are you serious?

I'd compare "You're My Favorite Song" to "You Are the Music in Me" from HSM 2, but it's acoustic. It's cute. Is this how Shane and Mitchie make up?

I think it's interesting that I compared songs to HSM2 istead of CR1. I'm able to compare songs from all HSM movies to each other, but I guess that could just come with the genre and less changes in those movies.

By the way, one of the "Road to Camp Rock 2" episodes showed the cast in the studio. I spotted Drew Ryan Scott giving direction, but he isn't credited as a writer on any of the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment