Saturday, August 7, 2010

CR2 "Book"

I finally bought the Camp Rock 2 Junior Novel. I had trouble finding it in stores. The cover art isn't even on websites.

The first Camp Rock was about Mitchie getting over her insecurities and coming out of her shell as a person and a performer. This one shows her leadership ability as she fights to keep Camp Rock open.

I don't think it was necessary for Connect 3 to suddenly become brothers. Fans aren't used to them not being brothers? Well, in Camp Rock, they're not supposed to be Nick, Kevin, and Joe of Jonas Brothers or their fictional parody band JONAS. It's Nate, Jason and Shane of Connect 3.

Frankie Jonas plays the scene-stealing junior-rocker, Trevor.
Jason gets a birdhouse!

The first junior novel told the story way better than the movie. The movie underdeveloped the characters and storylines. For example, they didn't show Shane overhearing campers discussing his stupid, cookie-cutter popstar stuff. This is why he started writing a new, different sounding song, "Play My Music." Also, they didn't show Tess and Ella talking about lip gloss in their cabin, so the "BTW, you're lip gloss is SO NOT glossy!" line came out of nowhere.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen again for Camp Rock 2. Don't tell me it can't be done because the High School Musical 2 junior novel was on point! (I read because I'm too antsy to wait for the movie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment