Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nick Jonas & the Administration

Nick Jonas has had a busy week.

First of all, I was shocked when I heard Nick had a solo project. I knew it was coming, yet I'm not ready for Jonas Brothers to be over. None the less, I think he has done a great job, I support him, and I'm happy for him.

"Who I Am" was released. 10 songs. I do feel that old school raw rock and roll vibe when I listen to it. In my history of rock and roll class, I learned that albums were supposed to capture the essence of live shows. They were made for those who couldn't make it out to the concert and for those who wanted to relive it. Nick's album does that. My favorite track is "Last Time Around."

On Tuesday, he decided to spend release day with the fans. He tweeted that he was headed to the Santa Monica Pier, Sherman Oaks, and Downtown Disney.

This, of course, KILLED ME. Tuesday is the one day of the week I'm NOT in town. It's okay, my time will come, I HOPE!

I couldn't make it out to any of the shows at the Wiltern last week. When he first announced his tour, I hadn't planned on going. Videos on youtube changed my mind, especially the covers of Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato and Owl City songs.

I did think he would be on Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote the album. So, I requested tickets for the whole week he was in town for the tour and this week for the release.

Last night, he was on the show. Wednesday is the one night I COULDN'T go. I have a class, crucial to my major, that cannot be skipped.

There once was a time when I would be willing to skip class for a Jonas show.
There once was a time when my grades wouldn't suffer for it.
That time is over =/

Here's a list of things to make me feel better:

~I am a Jonas Brothers fan.

~If Nick's covers are what got me excited, then I ought to go see the original artists live.

~No M&G (okay, I might have won if I entered, but I want to meet all 3 brothers!)

~Nick didn't perform on Jimmy Kimmel.

~Target's edition of "Who I Am" comes with an exclusive DVD of performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment