Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Chronicles of Narnia

Introduction
~I watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe on the Disney Channel over winter break.
~I enjoyed it very much (to my surprise).
~I watch Prince Caspian on Encore.
~I love it.
~Ben Barnes is so cute. [[ He was in a boyband for 4 and 1/2 minutes? I think I'm in LOVE! ]]
~I can't wait for Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
~I decide to read the series.
~I also watch a few episodes of the BBC series adaptation.

Critique
The Chronicles of Narnia series was written for children. This is exhibited as the author dictates the most obvious events. C.S. Lewis's descriptions of places and people really allow you to paint a picture with all of the senses.
Each adventure journeys through different parts of Narnia. Some journeys are longer than others (way longer), and there are epic battles and wars fought by children. I wanted one instance where they traveled to Narnia and just chilled and had fun. I suppose the story wouldn't be as interesting though.
I read it in publication order. It works that way.

Comparisons
~The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was a really good and true adaptation.
~Prince Caspian: movie > book [more Ben!]
~Voyage of the Dawn Treader < Silver Chair

Conclusion
Overall, I think it's a really good series. I shall add it to my future library. The last two paragraphs of The Last Battle turned my world upside down. I suppose I got what I wanted, but not exactly the way I expected. Although, it does make sense.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader hits theatres in December. I think they should stop with the films after this. I'm hoping for a M&G opportunity with Ben! Skandar's cute too, but he's younger than me xD

No comments:

Post a Comment