Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Guilty Pleasure

So it took me a while to listen to the whole album. There are 14 tracks plus 6 lingering bonus tracks.

Originally, the album was supposed to be released June 16th, but you know she didn't want to compete with the Jonas Brothers. But then, they delayed it over a month? That wasn't smart. I get that it coincides with the release of her new film, but Aliens in the Attic doesn't look like a box office smash. Then again, stranger things have happened.

My definite favorite song off the album is Masquerade. It stuck with me when I saw her perform at the Grove. Hair, Me Without You and Delete You are good ones too. Overall, the album's got that pop-urban vibe that you can dance to.

Ashley co-wrote 5 songs. I wonder if any were Jared-inspired. She did not write It's Alright, It's OK. So don't even think it ;]

Hopefully, if she has another show in LA, she'll also sing songs from Headstrong. She didn't do that at the Grove =/

No comments:

Post a Comment