Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again

Sophomore albums by Demi Lovato and Jordin Sparks are now in stores. Demi opened for the Jonas Brothers' Burning Up tour last summer, and Jordin opens JB's world tour this summer.

I voted for Jordin to win over Blake, but I am more of a Demi fan. If I were torn between which album to purchase, I would go with Demi. Here We Go Again was $2 cheaper than Battlefield at WalMart. We'll see who ranks higher on next week's Billboard 200.

When I first saw both artists for the first time, I was only vaguely familiar with their songs. Demi wins this round again, for her rocking set (7/12/08 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Irvine, CA) was filled with high energy and I loved the songs. But perhaps I was a bit biased as I did enjoy her performance in Camp Rock. I saw Jordin when she went on tour with Jesse McCartney (8/7/08 Orpheum, Los Angeles, CA). She used up all the songs of hers that I knew 3 songs into the set. From then on it felt like I was watching American Idol, with not much movement, just singing. Her voice is amazing and I really loved the way she waved and acknowledged her fans in the audience, but she could have added something more to the performance.

In a radio interview, Demi mentioned that she took somewhere around a month to write the album, and 2 weeks to record. That seemed like a very rushed time frame, and it probably was since there were a few track listing changes. I love her single "Here We Go Again." It would have been awesome if I had been one of the select to be in the music video, but what can you do xD? Don't think I didn't catch the Twilight reference in "Solo," Miss Lovato! Good Job :-)! In comparison to her last album, Here We Go Again is more edgy, which is expected as Demi has grown in the past year. There aren't any anthems like "La La Land" and "Party", unless you count the Sonny With a Chance theme song "So Far So Great."

Go check it out, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment