Monday, September 20, 2010

Camp Rock 2 Tour

Rolling Stone said this is "The worst-selling summer concert season in recent memory." It breaks my heart that the Jonas Brothers had to cancel about 20 shows. I know what it's like to WANT to see these guys perform. To have that opportunity taken away is NOT fun. I am fortunate because there is always going to be an L.A. show.

It did not immediately occur to me that this show was going to be everything I have ever wanted.
My favorite band? Check.
Good venue? Check.
Good show? Check.
Last stop of the tour? Check!
Now, if it was filmed for a DVD, then I would be in nirvana.
Oh my gosh! "Please Be Mine" is on the set list!
Are you FOR REAL!?

I also felt this would be the last JB tour... at least for a while.

I didn't buy tickets at the Team Jonas presale. I have been checking LiveNation everyday since March 22 for decent seats. Finally, on Thursday, September 16, around 1pm, I purchased Orchestra 2 [center], Row N [13]. I had to purchase them as singles. It's a good thing I have ticket-buying luck skills.

There was traffic exiting for the venue. Irvine Meadows has free parking =] They made people line up in an orderly fashion to enter the venue. The line went all the way around the lot to the waterpark. It wasn't too bad, I was just scared we weren't going to make it on time. We saw Chelsea Staub ride up in a golf cart. We said, "Hi Chelsea!" and she said hi back. She was probably trying to be stealth. Oh well. She rocks.

Alyson Stoner was on stage when we entered, but she was just talking. She taught us choreography to "Heart and Soul." They brought up volunteers from the audience. Lindsay Taylor (lthiphop) went up. She had straight hair.

-Megan Martin and Chloe Bridges were in attendance, but they only came out to say hi.
-Anna Maria Perez de Tagle dances in heel the entire time!
-There wasn't real fire during "Fire." 
-The choreography to "Start the Party" and "We Rock" was different than the movie.

Demi Lovato's set started right after the Camp Rock friends. She was really tan! It was a weird contrast from the movie trailers they showed on screen, where she's really pale. She must be getting in that GTL.

"Catch Me" started off really sweet. The background was a spinning carousel at dusk. The sky gets darker during "Don't Forget." When the song starts to rock hard, it started raining. Intense!

Her solo set seemed quick, but she performed so well. Her voice is just wow.

She changed clothes and shoes for another Camp Rock set. I danced along to "Brand New Day," "We Can't Back Down," and "It's On." She sang "Maybe It's Not Too Late," which wasn't in the movie.

We got snacks after her set. In the village, guess who we got to take a picture with:
Made you look!

OfficeMax had life-size cardboard cut-outs of the Jonas Brothers.

Back at our seats, a crowd emerged in the front of Orchestra 1. Ashley Greene was in the house. I went over to try to get a picture, but there were too many people. Her friends kept saying, "She just wants to watch the concert!" (a polite way of saying GO AWAY). Eventually, security got involved. Ashley must really like Joe to put up with that.

BOUNCE played through the speakers. We all did the Ham and Cheese and then the Chicken Wing. As soon as it finished, the lights went out, and the live music started.

By the way, our seats were great! Totally worth the wait.We got VIP seating, without paying the extra $100. [Begin VIP rant] Besides good seating, sound check is the component of value in the VIP package, but is it really the same worth as the concert? Not to me. The VIP lanyard doesn't even say Jonas Brothers/Camp Rock tour. It says LiveNation, and they write in the date of the concert. LAME. The gym bag was cool. It had a JB logo, but that's still not enough to justify the extra cost. Finally, it doesn't come with a meet and greet, which is what I really want! [End rant]

It's so great seeing Kevin, Joe, Nick, and the rest of the band on stage again. Three years later, their performances still bring a huge smile to my face.

Joe challenged Nick to perform "Introducing Me" in 1:59. He totally read my mind! I challenged him to sing it in under 2 minutes. I got really nervous (and excited) as the clock ran down. He sang the song really fast and finished in 1 minute, 53 seconds, 6 seconds to spare. Go Nick J!

The "Who I Am" fan submissions were really cute. I probably would have put "simple" or "fan." The girl who did put "fan" showed off all her JB CDs, including It's About Time. I have them all too!

The Shane and Mitchie duets were cute. The former Jemi duo acted like professionals. A girl in the front, Orchestra 3 held up a sign that said "vampires suck." OUCH. There was red pyro rain at the end of "Wouldn't Change a Thing."


It's too bad they cut "This Is Our Song" from the set list. I didn't get to sing na, na na na na, hey ya! Did people not LOVE that song as much as I did? Is it because at the beginning of the tour, Camp Rock 2 hadn't come out yet, so people didn't know why they should love the song? It's just a bummer because it took out the only opportunity to have the whole Camp Rock cast-- well, at least those on tour-- to be on stage together.

I have been waiting and hoping to see them perform "Please Be Mine" live for three years. They showed old photos on the screen. Kevin and Danielle's wedding photo came up during the last chorus when they sang "All our hopes and our dreams will come true." AWWW! The guys said they haven't changed much. I beg to differ. They have changed. I'm not saying that's a bad thing; people grow. Kevin, Joe, and Nick have matured, but they still retain that essence that keeps me coming back.

Lovebug was really cute! There were dancers dressed old school like the music video. JB wore white blazers. Confetti was released at the rockin climax of the song. That was fun, but I wish they had foamed us. I was finally close enough.

Grace said their shows aren't complete unless they perform "S.O.S." She's right. Kevin did his dance, but not full on. They closed with "Burning Up". There was fire. Big Rob came out and rapped. A couple of girls (idiots) jumped off on stage. Security grabbed them so fast! You go, security!

Other Highlights:
- I borrowed my brother's FlipVideo, but the lights drowned out their faces in the video
- Kevin spin took place during "Play My Music" instead of "Hold On"
- Dancers on bouncy stilts came out during "Year 3000"
- Frankie Jonas played tambourine during L.A. baby!
- China McClain performed "You Biggest Fan" with Nick
- The guys flew during "Fly With Me"... Well, the platform they were on rose.

It didn't feel like a final show. I was expecting pranks and extra songs. I wanted more, but what they gave was more than enough. What I'm trying to say is that I can never get enough. Please don't be the last Jonas Brothers tour. That's not a proper goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment