Wednesday, July 21, 2010

JONAS L.A. > JONAS


JONAS L.A. is the first Disney Channel show in a drama(ish) format. It's one continuous story, so they show what happened previously. They also preview what's to come. The change of the show's name and logo (from a tie to a palm tree) makes sense to me.

I have been enjoying each of the episodes more and more. Don't get it twisted, I liked the first season too, but it was a little young. I think this season relates more to the OG, long term JB fans. Marketing with YouTube videos and such have been a little weird, but what can you do? I'd like to say the show is there for the fans. As a fan, I'm loving it.

The soundtrack is AMAZING. I've been looking forward to its release. I kept listening to the 10 minute sampler on YouTube over and over. The sound was so fresh.

It was kind of annoying how people would put fake full versions. They looped the samples to make it seem like the full song. Still, on some songs, as they enter the bridges, and the transition doesn't quite fit well. To me, it sounds the same as the fake looped versions. Is that just me? Oh well.

I finally went down to Target and bought the CD. I was surprised to find out Jonas Brothers (Kevin,Joe, and Nick together) only wrote Your Biggest Fan. That would explain the variety of genres. Nick did partake in most of the songs. And what is that I see? Drew Ryan Scott is one of the writers on L.A. Baby, Hey You, and Things Will Never Be the Same?!!

I'd like to share my thoughts on each song:

1. Feelin' Alive - I don't have much to say about this song. I like the breakdown at the bridge.

2. L.A. Baby - I'm biased. I love L.A. I am an L.A. baby. I love how Kevin says "she's a" and "you're my."

Video and episode: They left their own party to hang out together as best friends and hover over the city! I love this town. It can be so glamourous. It's the city what dreams are made of.

3. Biggest Fan - I heard the song in its entirety when JB posted the music video on their YouTube yesterday. Of course, it's about JONAS #1 superfan, Macee. The Nick and Macee relationship is growing nicely. I approve. The video was totally cute. Nick was singing to her. That's a fan's total dream come true!

Nick sings in a normal voice. He also RAPS. At first, I thought it was their neighbor. I also thought the featured female voice was Jordin Pruitt. It turns out it's a girl named China McClain. She's a YouTube star. I don't know the story behind this. I'd love it to be that JB wanted a fan to be featured. That would be so awesome.

It's a great love song. It works literally and metaphorically. Second favorite.

4. Critical - I think this will be a sad scene. He falls that hard for her?

5. Hey You - The first line is "Mic check, can you hear me." Joe's gone hip hop and is rapping? Haha. But I loved the vibe.

The video is kind of weird. I don't like that actress with Joe. (Team Stella!) But I love Kevin to the rescue.

6. Things Will Never Be The Same - I like this song, but I don't have much else to say.

7. Fall - This song is reall sweet. It really paints the picture for both Joe and Nick falling for their girls.

Music Video: Anytime I see that upside down room, walking on walls effect, I always think of *NSYNC's "Bye Bye Bye" video.

8. Summer Rain - This wasn't on the preview. The intro riff is cool. It's got a cool, laid back feel. When they cut the music, and it's just percussion, I always clap along. I can't wait to see this rainy day episode! Hopefully it'll be when Joe and Stella come to their senses.

9. Drive - Nick's voice isn't his usual high, nor his deep.

10. Invisible - When I first heard the lyric, "I'm waiting for the moonlight so I can find you in this perfect dream," I had to rewind. I had to listen to it again. That is such an amazing line.

When I watched this episode, I recognized the background music from the sampler, but I didn't match it to this song. Then, when Joe started singing, I almost died! It was such perfect context for this song. I was so excited to hear it. It was PERFECT.

Then, they showed Nick singing the second verse in front of the Psycho hotel. I loved how it became a music video. I loved that I recognized they were on the Universal Studios backlot. Kevin was in Who-ville from How the Grinch Stole Christmas. They really wanted to highlight what L.A. has to offer. It makes me want to go on the Backlot Tram Tour. I'm claiming this as my favorite. The feeling I had when I first heard and saw it can't compare to the others.

11. Make it Right - I remember at first, people thought this was a Joe Jonas solo demo. Joe plays this song on guitar by the pool. Remind you of Shane Grey and "Gotta Find You" much? The song is sad. It totally fit Joe and Stella.

12. Chillin' in the Summertime - First, I am biased towards song with "summer" in the title. I love summer. This song is so CHILL, haha. It does a great job of describing summer. Best line: "it feels so good to feel alive" because if you can say that, then you know you're enjoying summer. I LOVE.

The video is JONAS performing it outdoors on the beach. That's all you need.

13. Set this Party Off - I like the guitar riff and chorus. What summer without a party?

I really love this album. It's sort of a JB album, but you know I always thirst for those. I also have a spot in my heart for fake bands and soundtracks, which also applies. I loved these songs right off the bat, and I'm sure my love will grow once I see them all in context on the show.




Side note: Orchestra seats were available on Ticketmaster on Monday and Tuesday. Row J for single and row W for a pair. I did not buy. I would have if I were going alone. But, I'm still hoping for a pair of tickets closer to the stage. How about row T or closer? PLEASE????

Today, pairs for row N came up, but it's stage right-- Nick's side. Still no.

No comments:

Post a Comment