Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Facebook Movie

Last weekend, I saw "The Social Network." I thought the movie was really good! It was a bit exhausting because they talk so fast and so much!

Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, and Armie Hammer gave phenomenal performances! I would not be surprised if they get Oscar noms.


Justin Timberlake did well too. I didn't like Sean Parker until I saw he had an epi-pen and an inhaler. Haha, so cute.

I give mad props to Armie Hammer. I did not realize he played both of the 'Winklevi' twins.

It was cool seeing Brenda Song and Malese Jow on screen.

Bill Gates made a cameo. I didn't recognize him. Yet, I was able to recognize Stan Lee on last week's episode of Nikita. I'm a shameful business major.


Andrew Garfield. I yearned for more scenes with him. He is so hot!!!! I really loved Eduardo Saverin. He got screwed over. Oh goodness me, Andrew Garfield is British-American and has an accent in real life. He's going to be the new Peter Parker. He is so hot!

The Social Network is a movie, so a lot of it was exaggerated or altered for entertainment. I had to look up what was real and what wasn't. I'm glad the chicken thing isn't quite true.

Reasons why I love facebook:
- the former exclusivity to college students [I had to wait until I got a ".edu" email address to sign up!]
- you can tag yourself and friends in pictures
- wall-to-wall feature
- simplicity in the uniform design
- "it's free, and always will be"

In the movie, I think they should have mentioned how they revolutionized birthday greetings.

On that note, when some people greeted me a happy birthday on facebook, some asked why I hadn't mentioned it when I saw them in person. It's because I knew facebook would let them know!

No comments:

Post a Comment