Tuesday, August 4, 2009

ABDC Season 4

I think 5 months is a short interim between seasons, but I'm glad season 4 starts before school.

1iota didn't collect our privacy contracts at the beginning of the show (and I didn't feel like handing it in on my way out). Therefore, I am not completely legally disinclined to post spoilers. However, I shall not. I will update on Monday after the show has aired.

I can't talk about the show, but I can talk about what wasn't on the show.

3pm - We arrived at the parking garage. There were a lot of people--way more than any episode last season. Luckily, homies from Long Beach were near the front!

4:30pm - Check-In begins. Note: if you confirm tickets the day before the show, you might not make it on their list. It's what happened to me! But we had extras all around, so I avoided drama.
Black wristbands with happy faces.
Cross the street.
Security check. They didn't even look inside my bag.
They only had regular Rockstar. I wish they had water bottles.
Wait in outdoor line.
They played the season 3 finale on the tv, but the volume was low, and they only played it twice.
Green wristbands in first.
Yellow wristbands for friends & family second.
Saw Aubrey Storm.

6:30pm - Migration from line to stage.
New stage farther into the lot. [Location wise, not appearance]
Ran into B-Girl Shorty from Beat Freaks.
They handed out tickets way over capacity. I doubt everyone made it inside, and many who did make it inside probably got turned away.
Tip: If you have a large group, get there early if you all want to be seated together!

7pm - Almost ready to start. Napoleon & Tabitha hype up the crowd.
5/7 Quest Crew - Victor, Hok, Brian, Steve, Ryan, and 2/7 Beat Freaks - Rino and Shorty in attendance.
Napoleon got them to dance on the stage.
Victor. freestyle.
Rino. freestyle.
Victor and Rino wore the same t-shirt. They did a little somethin somethin.
Steve. flips.
Hok. tutting.
Shorty. bgirl. headspins.


No more DJ Rashida. A wise budget cut.

We were seated stage left, non camera section. I was fine with it because we were near the aisle, and I would be able to shake hands with the judges. But on this stage, the judges came out from the other side! Total waste.

I wasn't feeling Lil Mama's ensemble. I kind of miss the hats.

Layla is pregnant!

7:30pm - Taping. 9 crews. 8 acts.

Someone screamed "JC, I loved you since 'Tearin Up My Heart!"

Francia Raisa was in attendance. Again.

10pm- Taping ends.
World Hip Hop Champions Sugar and Spice perform for us.
Our bleacher is last to leave because they need to re-film the banners.

Ryan, Brian, Victor, and Steve
Usually, when there are celebrities or alum dancers, they book it as soon as the taping ends.
Not Quest.
They chilled at their bleacher. Everyone had to pass it in order to exit, and they said what's up to every single person that passed them.

My brother and I decided to greet them too. We went up their bleacher. LOL. I got photos! I was too scared to bust out my camera since the 1iota people would see, so we just used my brother's Sidekick.

Caught up with the fam at the corner.

I was parched and starving after. We went to In-N-Out on Ventura. It's smaller than most.

11:30pm - Head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment