Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fine, Fresh, FIERCE!

California Gurls by Katy Perry is this year's summer anthem! When I first heard it, I only caught the end, and I heard Snoop say, "I wish they all could be California Girls." So, at first, I thought it might have sampled the Beach Boys. Then, I wondered if Katy Perry was allowed to sing this song. She grew up in Santa Barbara, so she's a legit California girl. Too bad she can't spell "girl" correctly?

Anyway, it rocks. Her performance at the MTV Movie Awards was everything I thought it would be. It definitely captured the song. Not to mention, the choreography taught me what some of the lyrics meant ;P

Now the video, WHOA. Candyland. I love the rude gummy bear. That was so funny! The video doesn't really remind me of California. The girls are like in bathing suits, and there's sort of a beach, but that's it. This video will definitely have people talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment